Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)
केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) formerly a chain of Central Schools is a system of central government schools in India that are authorized by the Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India. It has 1252 Kendriya Vidyalayas in India and three abroad. It is one of the largest chains of schools in the world.
The headquarter of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan is situated in New Delhi, and manages more than 1200 Kendriya Vidyalayas in India and abroad with the help of its 25 Regional Offices (ROs) spread across the country. All Kendriya Vidyalayas under (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन) is affiliated with the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
Quick Figures Shown on KVS (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन) Official website
- Total number of Kendriya Vidyalayas – 1252
- Total number of Kendriya Vidyalayas abroad – 3
- Total number of Students – 1425215
- Total number of Employees – 43888
- Regions – 25
- ZIETs – 5
History of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन)
The system was established on 15 December 1963 under the name ‘Central Schools’. Later the name was changed to Kendriya Vidyalaya. A uniform curriculum is followed by all Kendriya Vidyalayas all over India. The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan provides a common syllabus and It also provides a common system of education to the children of transferable Central Government employees including Defence and Para-Military personnel.
The intention of KV Sangathan (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन) is that the children of government employees do not face any education disadvantages when their parents are transferred from one location to another in India. These schools have been operational for more than 50 years.
Motto of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन) – Tattvaṁ pūṣaṇa apāvr̥ṇu
Objectives and features of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन)
Its objective is to educate the children of the Indian Defence Services personnel, Para-Military Personnel, Central Government employees who are often posted to remote locations.
- Students from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes are exempt from the tuition fees.
- Children of KV Sangathan employees are exempt from the tuition fees.
- Single girl child from class VI onward is exempt from tuition fees.
- Common textbooks & Syllabus and offers a bilingual medium of instruction for all Kendriya Vidyalayas.
- All Kendriya Vidyalayas are affiliated with CBSE.
- Sanskrit is taught from classes VI to VIII as a compulsory subject.
- Longest school chain in the world.
|Details of Fee Structure of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन)
|Detail information on category wise Fee exemption||Click Here|
The entire fees of all Kendriya Vidyalayas are collected by the Union Bank of India through Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan online fee payment system. You can avail of both online and offline payment methods for KV fee payment.
Quick Information of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन)
|Name of the Organisation||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन)|
|Address||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan 18, Institutional Area, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi – 110016 (India)|
|Official website||https://kvsangathan.nic.in (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन)|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan Important Facts at a glance
|1||Total Number of Kendriya Vidyalayas (Including 3 abroad)||1252|
|2||KVs running in their own Permanent Buildings||942|
|3||KVs running in temporary accommodation||257|
|4||Total Number of New KVs opened in 2018-19||16|
|5||Total Number of KVs running in Second Shift||70|
|6||Total Number of Students||1275795|
|7||Total Number of Boys||701012 (54.95%)|
|8||Total Number of Girls||574783 (45.05%)|
|11||Gender Ratio (Boys/Girls)||1: 0.82|
|12||Class XII Board Examination Pass Percent||98.54%|
|13||Class X Board Examination Pass Percent||99.47%|
|14||Total Number of KVs with 100% Result in Class XII||582|
|15||Total Number of KVs with 100% Result in Class X||893|
|16||Total Staff Sanctioned||59269|
|17||Total Staff in Position||45791|
Source of Information: KVS Annual Report 2018-19
Summary of State /UT wise Kendriya Vidyalayas as of 31.3.2019:–
|Name of State||Civil Sector||Defense Sector||Project Sector||I.H.L.||Total|
|A & N (UT)||01||01||00||00||02|
|D&N Haveli (UT)||01||00||00||00||01|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||01||00||00||00||01|
|Jammu & Kashmir||19||15||03||01||38|
SECTOR-WISE DISTRIBUTION OF KVs DURING LAST FIVE YEARS
|Year||Civil Sector||Defense Sector||Project Sector||I.H.L||Total|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan GIS Mapping Website and App
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan launched a Web-Based GIS application for seamless visualization of KV locations across the country on a GIS map. Now all the Kendriya Vidyalayas can be located with a single click along with important information about the Vidyalaya (http://kvsgis.nic.in/gis).
The Quality Council of India (QCI) has accredited 16 Kendriya Vidyalayas of India
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Sector-8, R.K. Puram, New Delhi
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, IIT Campus, Powai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, GPRA Campus, CPWD Quarters, Thirumangalam, Anna Nagar, Chennai, Tamilnadu
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, M.R. Campus, Near Police Commissioner’s office, Shahibug, Ahemdabad, Gujarat
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Ganeshkhind, Pune, Maharashtra
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Hoshangabad Road, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Hebbal, Sadashivnagar, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Jammu Government Hospital Road, Gandhinagar, Jammu
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No.2, Nausenabaugh, Gandhiram, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Uppal X Roads, Uppal, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, O.L.F. Raipur, Dehradun, Uttarakhand
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, OCF, Sec-29B, Chandigarh
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, New Cantt, VD Road, Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Unit-9, Bhoi Nagar, Bhubaneshwar, Odisha
- Kendriya Vidyalaya, Military Camp, Ballygunge Circle Road, Kolkata, West Bengal
- Kendriya Vidyalaya No.1, Jaipur, Rajasthan
How to reach Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (केन्द्रीय विद्यालय संगठन)
Note: The official website address of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (https://kvsangathan.nic.in) has not changed.
Click here for the new Official Website and Phone Numbers of all Kendriya Vidyalaya’s, KVS ROs and ZIETs
On our website, you will get all the latest information and updates related to KVS Online Admission 2023-24 Notification, Application form, Rules, Eligibility criteria, Procedure for applying, KVS Online Fee Payment 2023, KVS Fee Challan 2023 Generation and Download, and much more. Check KVS Recruitment 2023 Notification, Vacancy details, Online Application Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Syllabus, etc.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (FAQs)
How do I contact Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan?
What is the official website of KVS?
How can I complain to Kendriya Vidyalaya?
Click on the link below and follow the steps carefully.
What is so special about Kendriya Vidyalaya?
- Kendriya Vidyalaya is one of the largest chains of schools in the world.
- There are 1252 Kendriya Vidyalayas in India and 3 abroad.
- All Kendriya Vidyalayas follow the CBSE curriculum and Sanskrit is taught as a compulsory subject from classes VI to VIII.
- Children of KV employees and SC/ST students are exempt from tuition fees.
- Single girl child from class VI onward is exempt from tuition fees.
- Less fee as compared to other institutions/schools.
- No tuition fee for boys up to Class VIII, and girls up to Class XII.
- Sixteen schools have been accredited by the Quality Council of India (QCI).
- Well-maintained infrastructure and provide great exposure to extracurricular activities, exposure in sports is more in KVs.
- The quality of teaching is very good and the teachers of Kendriya Vidyalayas are highly dignified and qualified.
Is Kendriya Vidyalaya an Army/Military school?
Army schools are usually situated in the cantonment area. In Kendriya Vidyalayas the fees are equal for everyone but in army schools fees are based on the rank of the father i.e. ORS < JCOs < officers < civilians.
The system of selection of teachers in both schools is different from each other.
What is meant by single girl child?
Is KVS English medium school?
What is QCI and relation between KV Sangathan and QCI?
The QCI in association with the KV Sangathan has started a project to introduce the quality accreditation standard to achieve quality school governance in the Kendriya Vidyalayas.
For more information click here.