KVS Admission 2023-24
The Schedule of KVS Admission 2023-24 for Class I-XII will release soon on www.kvsangathan.nic.in. शैक्षणिक सत्र 2023-2024 के लिए कक्षा 1 में प्रवेश के लिए पंजीकरण एवं ऑनलाइन आवेदन February 2023 के महिनें में शुरू होंगे । Registration and submission of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 Online Application for Std will start in the month of February 2023 (tentative).
The Registration form for Class 1st will start in the month of February 2023 and will end in the beginning of April 2023 and the 1st merit list for class 1st admission will be released in the 3rd week of April 2023. Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will release the KVS Admission Notification for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 in the month of February 2023. Registrations for Class 2nd onwards (except Class XI) will start in Offline mode from the 2nd week of April 2023. KVS Online Admission form 2023-24 for all classes (except class XI) will end on the 30th of June 2023.
Fill KVS Online Application Form 2023
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will release the guidelines for Admissions in Kendriya Vidyalayas for Academic Session 2023-24 on the KVS official website i.e. https://kvsangathan.nic.in. Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 details can be obtained also through KVS Android Mobile App. Parents and students can register for KVS Online Admission Form on the KVS Admission 2023-24 official website i.e. https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24: Guidelines
KVS Online Admission 2023-24 guidelines are for both new and existing candidates. As per the mandate of NEP 2022 entry age for Class-I has been revised to 6+ years with effect from the academic session 2023-24. From 2020-21, 27% of seats will be reserved for the Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates, as decided by the Ministry of Education (MoE) in December 2019. Below are some key points mentioned in the new guidelines:
- The entry age for Class 1st has been revised to 6+ years from the academic session 2023-24.
- Admissions for Class 1st would be conducted through an online draw of lots.
- Admissions from Classes 2nd to 8th would be done on a priority basis.
- Admissions to Class 9th will be made on the basis of an entrance exam.
- Admissions to Class 11th would be done on the basis of the Class 10th marks of the candidates.
- Admission of fresh students to Class 10th and Class 12th is subject to availability.
DOWNLOAD GUIDELINES FOR KVS ADMISSION 2023-24
The below article has all the essential and detailed information regarding KV Admission 2023-24. Notification, Guidelines, Important Dates, Online Application form, Rules, Age limit, Eligibility Criteria, Procedure for applying, Documents required for admission, and frequently asked questions related to Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24.
KVS Admission 2023-24: Overview
Let us have an overview of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan KVS Admission 2023-24:
|Organization||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)|
|Affiliation Board||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Application Category||KVS Admission 2023-24 (Class 1st to 12th)|
|Mode of Application||Online & Offline|
|KVS Official Website||kvsangathan.nic.in|
|Official KVS Admission Portal||kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in|
|KVS Admission Youtube Channel||CLICK HERE|
|KVS Admission Android Application||DOWNLOAD|
Schedule for KVS Admission 2023-24 Class 1 to 12
Below-mentioned is the new schedule for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 1st to 12th:
|Name of the Events||Scheduled Dates|
|Release of KVS Admission Guidelines||February 2023|
|Release of KVS Admission Advertisement||February 2023|
|KVS Online Registration for Class-I||February 2023|
|Last Date of KVS Online Registration for Class-I||March 2023|
|(a) Declaration of Provisional selection and waitlist of registered candidates
(b) Admission of eligible candidates to the selected list in the following order:
|KV Admission 1st list – (Soon)
KV admission 2nd list – (Soon)
KV Admission 3rd list – (Soon)
|Declaration of the provisional select list of candidates as per priority service category for unreserved seats, if any (keeping the leftover reserved seats blocked)||April 2023|
|Extended date for Second Notification for offline registrations for admissions to be made under RTE Provisions, SC/ST, and OBC(NCL) if sufficient applications are not received in the online mode||April 2023|
|Registration for Class-II onwards (except Class-XI)- Subject in offline mode to availability of vacancies in a particular class||April 2023|
|Declaration of the list of Class-II onwards||April 2023|
|Admission for Class-II onwards||April 2023|
|Last date of admission for all classes except class XI||30.06.2023|
|For KV students: Registration for admission in Class-XI||Within 10 days after the declaration of class X results|
|KV students: Display of admission list & admissions for Class-XI.||Within 20 days after the declaration of class X result|
|Non-KV students: Registration, display of admission list & admissions in Class-XI (Subject to availability of vacancies)||After the admissions of KV students in class X|
|Last date of admission for class XI||30 days from the date of declaration of class-X results by CBSE|
DOWNLOAD KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA ADMISSION 2023-24 NEW SCHEDULE
KVS Online Admission 2023-24: Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates who are going to apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 can check the eligibility criteria details like Age Limit, Reservation Criteria, Documents required, and Online application process from the given below section.
Who Can Apply For KVS Online Admission 2023-24?
Kendriya Vidyalaya seats are divided into five categories:
- The first preference is for the wards of central govt employees.
- The second preference is for the children of the Army and Ex-army.
- The third preference is for the children of state government employees.
- The fourth preference is for the single girl child quota.
- The fifth preference is for the children of private or self-employed personnel.
The following priorities of seat allotment shall be followed in granting admissions in Defence/ Central and State Government jobs:
- 1st preference for children of transferable and non-transferable Central Govt. employees and ex-servicemen. This includes children of Foreign National officials, who come on deputation or transfer to India on invitation by Govt. of India.
- 2nd preference for children of transferable and non-transferable employees of autonomous bodies/ PSU/ Institute of Higher Learning of Govt of India.
- 3rd preference for children of transferable and non-transferable state government employees.
- 4th preference for children of transferable and non-transferable employees of autonomous bodies/ PSU/ Institute of Higher Learning of State Governments.
- 5th preference for Children from any other category including the children of Foreign Nationals.
Note: Preference in Admission to wards will be based on the number of transfers of the parents in the last 7 years.
Special Provisions for KVS Admission 2023-24
There are some special provisions for KV Admission decided by the Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan. Below-mentioned is the categories of children who would be admitted over and above the class strength except where stated otherwise in the provision itself (e.g. Item No. XVI).
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24: Age Limit
The child must be 6 years old as of 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I. (Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
Below mentioned are the minimum and maximum age limits for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24.
|Class||Minimum age as of 31st March of the year in which admission is sought||Maximum age as of 31st March of the year in which admission is sought|
|Class I||6 years*||8 years*|
|Class II||6 years||8 years|
|Class III||7 years||9 years|
|Class IV||8 years||10 years|
|Class V||9 years||11 years|
|Class VI||10 years||12 years|
|Class VII||11 years||13 years|
|Class VIII||12 years||14 years|
|Class IX||13 years||15 years|
|Class X||14 years||16 years|
Note: The maximum age limit can be relaxed by two years in the case of Differently-abled children by the Principal.
There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI and XII.
KVS Admission 2023-24: Reservation Criteria
Below-mentioned is the reservation criteria for KVS Admission 2023-24:
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Right to Education (RTE) / EWS||25%|
Documents Required for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24
Candidates/students are advised to keep ready the below-mentioned essential certificates and documents to fill out the KVS Online Admission Form. The following documents are required at the time of Admission:
- Birth Certificate (Age proof) of Candidate for Class-I.
- Passport-size photograph of the child.
- Proof of relationship for Grandchildren of Members of Parliament and PSU employees.
- Proof of relationship for Grandchildren of KVS employees.
- Candidate’s Proof of Residence Certificate.
- An affidavit in the case of Single Girl Child.
- Caste certificate (SC/ ST/ EWS/ OBC/ BPL).
- Certificate of disability/ handicapped.
- Service Certificate showing the number of transfers during the preceding 7 years.
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees (UDE).
PRO FORMA DOCUMENTS SAMPLES
|Certificate Type||Download Sample Format|
|Self Declaration Distance Between School And Residence||DOWNLOAD|
|Service Certificate Central Government||DOWNLOAD|
|Format Service Certificate State Government||DOWNLOAD|
|Affidavit for Single Girl Child||DOWNLOAD|
|Registration Form Class-II Onwards (Sample)||DOWNLOAD|
|Died In Harness Certificate||DOWNLOAD|
Class Strength and Competent Authorities
|Up To 40||Principal||Up to 30th June||Registered and eligible candidates are subject to the availability of vacancies except for class XI.|
|30 days from the date of class X results by CBSE||Registered and eligible candidates are subject to the availability of vacancies for class XI only.|
|Up to 45||Principal||Up to 30th November||This provision is applicable only to those parents of CAT I to IV in the Civil & Defence Sector and CAT I to V in Projects & Institutes of Higher learning who have been transferred during the Previous year I Current Academic Session after the registration process is over. The admission will be granted on first-cum first serve basis immediately as and when a parent approaches for admission in the Vidyalaya.|
|Up to 50||Principal||Up to 30th November||Defence Personnel (Army/Navy/Air Force) Paramilitary forces Personnel who have been transferred /retired during the Previous year/current Academic Session after the registration process lS over. The admission will be granted on first-cum first serve basis immediately as and when a parent approaches for admission in the Vidyalaya.|
How to Register for KVS Online Admission 2023-24?
Check the below-mentioned steps for KVS Online Admission 2023-24 Registration through the official website:
Step 1 – Visit the KVS Admission official website i.e. https://kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in. On the homepage click on the “Register” tab or the “New Registration” button shown in the picture.
Step 2 – Read all the important instructions carefully (available in both English and Hindi). After going through all the instructions, mark the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button.
Step 3 – Now Enter all the details in the space provided such as First Name, Last Name, Email ID, Mobile Number, Captcha Code, etc, and then click on the “Register” option.
Step 4 – Now enter the OTP received on your mobile and click on the “Verify” button.
Step 5 – Finally Registration is complete. Keep the login ID safe and take a Printout of the registration details for further reference.
Delhi EWS DG Admission 2023-24
Sainik School Admission 2023-24
Delhi Govt School Admission 2023-24
Delhi School of Excellence Admission 2023-24
How to Fill KVS Online Admission 2023-24 form for Class 1?
Check the below-mentioned step-by-step form-filling procedure for KVS Online Admission 2023-24 through the official website:
Step 1 – Open the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission portal and Click on the “Login” option. Enter your Login code, DOB, Mobile no., and Captcha code, then click on the “Login” button.
Step 2 – The application form will open. Fill in all the details as asked in the form and click “Next”.
Step 3 – Fill in the parent’s details and click on the “Next” button.
Step 4 – Fill in your choice of schools (Only three KVs) and Click “Next”.
Step 5 – Now, upload the required documents.
Step 6 – Click on the “Preview” button and cross-check all the filled details. Now, submit the application form.
Step 7 – Enter and “Verify” the OTP.
Step 8 – The application will be submitted successfully. “Print” the application form for future reference.
Check the video on How to Register and Apply for KVS Online Admission
The Below mentioned video will guide you on the registration and application process for Kendriya Vidyalaya KVS Admission.
KVS Admission 2023-24: Contact Details
In case of any query, please contact helpline no. mentioned below:
Address – Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, 18, Industrial Area, Shaheed Jeet Singh Marg, New Delhi- 110016 (India)
Phone No. – 011-26858570, 011-26512579
Email – [email protected], [email protected]
Below mentioned are Some useful links for KVS Online Admission 2023-24:-
|IMPORTANT / USEFUL LINKS|
|Registration Link||CLICK HERE|
|Login/ Print Application/ Check Application Status||CLICK HERE|
|Instructions (English/Hindi)||CLICK HERE|
|Helpdesk – Contact details of KVS (Region Wise)||CLICK HERE|
|Frequently Asked Questions||CLICK HERE|
Method of KVS Online Admission 2023-24 in Class 1
Out of the available seats of fresh admission 25% shall be reserved for Right To Education, 15% shall be reserved for SC, 7.5% shall be reserved for ST and 27% seats shall be reserved for “OBC- Non-Creamy Layer”.
After the admission of students under the RTE Act followed by Differently Abled, the children belonging to Cat-1 will be taken up. The students admitted under Cat-1 will also include SC/ST/OBC-NCL. Similarly, after the admission of Cat-1, admission of Cat-2 will be taken up which will include SC/ST/OBC-NCL (up to Cat-3 in case of Project/IHL School).
The shortfall in the number of candidates on seats reserved for SC, ST, and OBC-NCL will be worked out after considering the number of SC/ST/OBC-NCL children admitted under the RTE quota and Priority Cat-1 and Cat-2.
The reservation norms shall be applicable within the approved class strength of 40 students per section
RTE 25% : 10 seats
SC 15% : 06 seats
ST 7.5% : 03 seats
OBC 27% : 11 seats
(3% seats for the differently-abled applicant )
After the closing of the KVS Online Admission Registration process, the sequence of conduct of the lottery by each Kendriya Vidyalaya will be as under:
(a) RTE Lottery
(b) All DA Lotteries
(c) CAT I
(d) CAT II
(h) CAT III
(i) CAT IV
(j) CAT V
(k) CAT VI (If applicable)
(l) Single Girl Child
How To Check KVS Online Admission Application Status?
Below mentioned are the steps to check the KVS Online Admission Application/ Registration status.
Step 1 – Visit the official website of KVS online admissions i.e. kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in
Step 2 – On the right side of the homepage, click on “Check Application Status”.
Step 3 – Now, enter your login code, date of birth of your child, mobile number, and captcha code, and then click on “Login”.
Step 4 –The status of your application will be displayed on the screen.
Step 5 –Save or Print the application status for future use.
Method of KVS Admission 2023-24 in Class 2 to 8
Admission test shall not be conducted for admission to Class II to VIII and the admission may be granted based on the Priority category system (1 to 5 or 6 as the case may be). If applications are more than the number of seats, the lottery system will be followed in each category including the single girl child quota (Class VI Onwards).
Process of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 in Class 9
- For admission to Class IX, an admission test shall be conducted and a merit list will be prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
- Admission tests shall be conducted in the subjects: Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science, and Science.
- There will be only one paper for the Admission test of 3 Hours duration & 100 marks comprising Hindi, English, Maths, Social Science, and Science each of 20 marks.
- Candidates must secure 33% marks in aggregate to qualify. Students belonging to SC/ST/Divyang category (PH) will be eligible for admission on securing 25% in aggregate.
KVS Admission 2023-24 for Students of N.I.O.S / State Boards / ICSE in Class 9
The students of State Boards/ICSE/NIOS may be considered for admission in Class XI if vacancies exist.
Process of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 in Class 11
Admission in different streams viz Science, Commerce, Humanities of Class XI in KVs for KV students will be based on aggregate marks scored in class X exams as under:
(i) Science Stream: A minimum of 60% Marks in aggregate of all subjects.
(ii) Commerce: A minimum of 55% Marks in aggregate of all subjects.
(iii) Humanities Stream: All students of KV if declared successful in the class X exam
Note: If seats remain vacant in class XI even after admitting the children of KV/neighboring KVs then the admissions to non – KV children may be granted on the same criteria, in the sequence of categories of priority.
Process of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 for Class 10 & 12
Fresh admissions to Class X & XII, other than KV students, will be entertained subject to the availability of vacancies. Such admissions to classes X and XII will be considered by the Deputy Commissioner of the Region concerned, only if, the average strength in class X/XII is below 40. This will further be subject to the following conditions:
- The child has been in the same course of studies i.e. in a CBSE-affiliated school.
- For Class X, the child must have obtained not less than 55% marks in aggregate in class IX.
- For admission to class XII, 55% of marks in the class XI examination are mandatory.
- The child should otherwise be eligible as per KVS admission guidelines.
- The combinations of subjects opted for by the student are available in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
KVS Admission 2023-24 through MP Quota
According to the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24 guidelines, a special provision is made under which candidates can take admissions in Kendriya Vidhyalaya. Under this provision, Members of Parliament can recommend up to 10 students for admission to Kendriya Vidyalayas. However, Students can take admissions only in Kendriya Vidyalayas located in the constituency of the MP. Details of this provision are mentioned below:
- Only the MPs can make recommendations for admission to Class I-IX.
- These admissions are this quota is above the strength of the class.
- Admissions under this quota are made at the start of the academic year. Candidates will not be considered after the prescribed cut-off dates.
- The candidates recommended for admission by the MP must fulfill the eligibility criteria.
- These recommendations will be valid if they are made in the format prescribed by KVS (HQ).
KVS Admission of Children Studying Abroad Seats
A Kendriya Vidyalaya Student, who went abroad with his parents on their deputation to a foreign country, will be admitted to the corresponding class on their return to India by the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya, where admission is being sought (such admissions will be over and above the class strength).
KV Admission 2023-24: Application Fee
- No registration fee is applicable to online/ offline admission forms.
- Applicants can collect the application form from the respective school principal free of cost.
- No fee is to be charged to the children admitted under the 25% RTE quota.
KVS School Admission 2023-24 FAQs
How can I get Admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya?
When will the KVS Admission 2023-24 start?
When will the KV Admission 2023-24 for Class-II start?
What are the modes involved in Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24?
Who can apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24?
What are the documents required for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2023-24?
- Birth Certificate (Age Proof)
- Residence Proof
- Passport size Photograph of the child
- Caste Certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC /EWS /BPL)
- An affidavit for Single Girl Child
- Certificate of Disability/ handicapped
- Proof of relationship for Grandchildren of KVS employees
- Proof of relationship between Grandchildren of Members of Parliament and PSU employees
- Certificate of the number of transfers
- Certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employee